Monday, July 16, 2012

Lace Skirt Tutorial


I saw this skirt at Marshalls but it didn't fit. 
I examined it and knew I could make something similar so I snapped some pictures and got to making one. Here's what I did.

Materials:
3-4 yards each of 4 different kids of lace. Or 12-16 yards of one lace (depends on your size)
1 yard of a solid color fabric
Zipper
A set of hook and eyes

First I took a pattern of a skirt that was similar and made a pattern out of it.
Then, I cut out two pieces out of some white fabric I had. I'm not sure what exactly it is but its kinda heavy.
I sewed the bottom hem and top hem. I don't really measure how much I hem it. I just do what I think seems good. 
Then I pinned my lace to the front and the back of my skirt. Make sure its all straight. 
Then sew each lace piece at the top.
Now you should have two pieces with lace on them.
Next, sew a zipper on one side. I'm not sure how to explain it. Some zippers have instructions. If you have trouble leave me a comment and I'll try to explain it the best I can.
On the side with the zipper, sew on you hook and eye on the top.
On the other side just sew it straight down right sides together.
When you're done, flip it inside out and you should have a skirt! This is what mine looks like. I am in LOVE with it and it fits perfectly. 

*If anyone has any questions feel free to comment. This is my first tutorial and I don't know if I missed anything. 




No comments:

Post a Comment